Thursday 16 January 2020

2020: week 2...

9th January :
Arriving home from work at 9pm. The courtyard is lit by a lamppost and my neighbour's lights. Just sometimes, think it would be lovely not to come home to a dark, empty house...


10th January:
Early start, walking the riverside path to the station for a trip to London...


11th January:
Team turn out on a Saturday for CBT training. Enhancing NHS care in our own time...


12th January:
Trust me, this tasted much nicer than it looked! I have pledged to reduce food waste. I rarely throw food out but I do have a cupboard full of 'bought for a recipe once' ingredients. So I have decided to avoid buying anything but fresh foods for now and to use the contents of my store cupboard, then only replace what I need. This was millet porridge, with cinnamon apples and pears. Warming start to the day! 


13th January:
Slightly odd gesture from a visitor. But it is nice to have flowers in the house, so accepted with grace. I hope.


14th January:
Both my Mum and Nannie had these tea cosies. Mum's was another of those things I can't remember not being there. And having made countless pots of tea there in the summer (what is it about us Brits?! Kettle on every time anyone arrived - I made tea for family, doctors, nurses, even the man that came to cut the grass!) it really does do it's job and definitely keeps the tea hot long enough for that second cup. So I fished some wool out of my stash and knocked this up in a couple of hours. 


15th January:
Ending the day with lemon and ginger tea while I crochet a few squares...


Hope your year is starting with health, happiness and enjoyable moments.
S x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.