Sunday 14 January 2018

winter skies...

I can't pretend this is my favourite time of year. I'm not great at cold weather and endless bleak grey days which don't lift the spirit much. But we do have some lovely skies - and the lack of daylight has one advantage inasmuch as I am more likely to catch the sun setting or rising. In the depths of December I feel as though I go to and from work in the dark and barely see a ray of light but just in the last week or so I have noticed the mornings lightening a little bit.

Believe it or not, this first picture was taken last weekend, about 10 am as I walked into the city, looking across the market towards St Peter Mancroft church. Loved the light in the clouds. It poured shortly after this - but for a few moments it was beautiful.


And a week later, a little after 7.30am on the way into work, definitely not still completely dark. It was very cold, with an ethereal freezing mist, which didn't clear until the middle of the morning, that made Waitrose car park look slightly eerie.


Today, I spent a few hours tidying up my courtyard garden. It is so sheltered that it never catches the frost and everything starts shooting sooner than out in an open garden. I uncovered early snowdrops just beginning to flower, crocuses, hyacinths and a few daffodils pushing their way into the light. Spring colour not too far around the corner...

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.