Wednesday 29 May 2013

random things...

A week or so ago a new piece of 'art' arrived where I work...

We have a visitor from Southwark...


If I'm completely underwhelmed by Wenlock, however famous he (she? it?!) is. But I think there must be a fundraising purpose of some sort so... 'whatever'... And I quite like our elephant, and really love the beautiful tree sculpture (which looks great on the days when we get some sun through it) so there could be worse things to greet you on your way in and out of work.

The other interesting (well I thought so...) thing was this moggie that appeared over my garden wall one weekend...


Is that not the most unusual coloured cat?? As Tom said, looks like a ginger tom thats been badly dip-dyed! No doubting its confidence though, as it boldly headed for my open back door!

It has been lovely to have a few days to sit outside for a bit, makes me feel a zillion times better. And although today has been cold and grey again, I can put up with it better for having had some recent sunshine. At the weekend we actually had some proper 'warm enough to eat ice-cream at the beach' sunshine. Bliss. When I get my act together with my camera (instead of my lazy phone photos!) I'll share my sunny seaside pics.

And I'm feeding my crochet habit with a bit of 'selfless' hooking (is there really such a thing? its all a bit self indulgent I suppose) - inspired by Lucy's plea for bunting for Yarndale...


Terrible photo, hastily snapped on my bedside table by the light of my bedside lamp, unblocked, unfinished but I'm a bit over excited by these. I love the idea of lots of people contributing to a colour fest and as I've not attempted granny triangles before I'm quite enjoying whipping these up. I don't know how many I'll manage but I figure any extras are an addition to the total.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to work out if I can figure out a way to justify going to Yarndale, so very tempting!

Maybe just squeeze in another triangle before sleep...

Sx

1 comment:

  1. I like the tree ! What a lovely idea to crochet bunting. Will look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.