Sunday 15 April 2018

Spring, anyone...?

I have been trying to be very strict with myself about unnecessary purchases but today the desire to have a bit of Spring won...


This has been a particularly miserable weekend and even my go to baking therapy was something of a disaster so I needed something cheerful to look at. I was experimenting with eggless lemon cake for a friend but mine looked nothing like the photos on the website! I suspect its that old issue of US measurement conversion - I appreciate for those familiar with it it must be a simple method but for those of us that don't have a supply of 'cups' (even assuming you can work out what size cup exactly you are supposed to be aiming for...or how full/packed etc they are) it has always struck me as a particularly haphazard way to bake and so much messier than scales! Give me ounces (or ok...grammes if we have to) and a very basic set of scales, tablespoon and teaspoon and I am fine.

Rant over. If anyone knows of a good, reliable and impressive eggless cake suitable for a birthday cake (and a recipe a middle aged Brit can interpret!) do let me know... :-)

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.