Thursday 3 January 2019

New beginnings...

Some simple pleasures to round off 2018 and ease into 2019...
Bristol cathedral's rather lovely nativity... a place to spend a few moments quietly contemplating.


A bracing Boxing Day walk through woods and by the spectacular Clifton suspension bridge...






Winter sunlight on ferns...


 A moment to sit and think...


A bit of time to finish hooking my scrap busting blanket, which turned out to be a very satisfying project, not least because I didn't spend a penny on it and I have cleared about 1/3 of my unused yarn stash!



A bright start to the New Year was perfect for a walk to shake off cobwebs. Looking back on the pictures I took I am struck by what a focal point the Anglican cathedral in Norwich is. From the riverside path...


From the viewpoint at Mousehold Heath...


Through the trees at Kett's Heights, another new discovery for me, just 30 minutes or so walk from home...



Against a backdrop of slowly sinking sun and dramatic clouds as I made my way home...




The light was lovely - through golden gorse...



And trees stripped of their leaves...


Delicate grasses...


And ancient brickwork...


And enough blue sky to remind me that even winter has its bright moments...



I am resolving to be more appreciative of my world, and to try to find a meaningful way through life this year... 
Wishing all a peaceful, restorative and healthy 2019.
S x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.