Wednesday 1 February 2023

something...

In the spirit of being observant and wanting to give myself something to focus on through the year, I have made myself a photo hunt list. I have done these before and stressed about doing them to time etc, which rather defeats the object, so this time I have just picked a few descriptors and given myself a couple of loose 'rules' (and I'm not going to stress if I break them!) - I will aim to find 4 things from the list each month, from photos I have taken during that month and post them at the beginning of the following month. The descriptors are up for interpretation and, interestingly with so many to choose from I found it hard to decide which category to use for this month's selection - I imagine it will get a bit harder as the year goes on!

So, my list is..

Something unexpected                       Something tasty
Something thought provoking           Something orange
Something exotic                               Something shiny
Something interesting                        Something dirty
Something exciting                            Something colourful
Something that makes you happy      Something fluffy
Something rough                                Something light
Something golden                               Something green
Something free                                    Something tall
Something important                           Something alive
Something yellow                                Something black
Something valuable                             Something with wheels
Something old                                      Something smooth
Something fresh                                   Something short
Something smaller than a mouse         Something white
Something purple                                 Something with hair
Something you love                             Something special
Something glittery                               Something heavy
Something soft                                    Something pink
Something wet                                     Something noisy
Something that moves                         Something blue
Something tiny                                    Something hard
Something sharp                                  Something clean
Something you can eat                        Something red


And in January I photographed...

Something yellow...
Waymarkers standing out brightly through my woodland walk...


Something colourful...
My rainbow stash buster blanket...


Something tall...
Although this was almost something unexpected, because this was such a straight path with that one random tree in the middle!


Something rough...
Which I was also undecided about because in the light it looked glistening white and smooth, but to touch and through the distance of the lens it seemed most appropriate for rough.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.