Thursday 30 March 2023

Something...February photos

Belated photo hunt from February snaps...difficult to choose this month - partly because life is so busy and partly because of the photos I have taken, some were shabby and, of the others, it seems I have taken so many that represent the hope and promise of early Spring. I love this time of year and it seems the descriptors of something happy... or something you love... or any number of others could be applied to many things. Which I guess makes this a positive month!

Something...

Unexpected

Feb

Free

 

Thought provoking

 

Important

 

Exotic

 

Yellow

Jan

Interesting

 

Valuable

 

Exciting

 

Old

 

Happy

Feb 

Fresh

 

Rough

Jan

Smaller than a mouse

 

Golden

 

Purple

Feb

You love

Feb 

Glittery

 

Tasty

 

Orange

 

Shiny

 

Dirty

 

Colourful

Jan

Fluffy

 

Light

 

Green

 

Tall

Jan

Alive

 

Black

 

With wheels

 

Smooth

 

Short

 

White

 

With hair

 

Special

 

Heavy

 

Soft

 

Pink

 

Wet

 

Noisy

 

That moves

 

Blue

 

Tiny

 

Hard

 

Sharp

 

Clean

 

Red

 

To eat

 


Something unexpected...
I am always amazed and delighted by the resilience of nature. A lesson for us all I think. These aconite bulbs arrived from a mail order company last year looking for all the world like a rotten slimy mess. I figured I had nothing to lose from slinging them into a pot, fully expecting them to just rot away into the soil. Nothing last year, then to my surprise, early Spring these pushed their way through. Not the promised 20 but just a few determined little plants, so they have earned their place in the garden and will find a more permanent home soon, where I hope they will spread their early cheer.


Something you love...
Tea in a pot - what my mum would have called 'proper' tea, made with tea leaves, topped with a cosy. Add a perfect little jug that holds just the right amount of milk for the two mugs my little pot holds and this is morning bliss. Or afternoon, come to that! The teapot has an integral strainer for the leaves, which ticks my boxes on so many counts - no faffing about with a tea strainer or blocking the sink when you clean the pot, tea leaves for my compost bin, cheaper tea and no environmentally dodgy tea bags. What's not to love?


Something happy...
Well, strictly speaking, something that makes me happy. That first blossom against a blue sky. Sitting in the garden under the plum tree, enjoying just a hint of warmth in the early Spring sunshine. Somehow this speaks to me of hope and future and the beginning of everything bursting into life.


Something purple...
Pulmonaria. Or lungwort. At first glance this might appear to be a relatively inconspicuous little plant but it is so reliable, covers the ground in shady areas of the garden and early in the year provides a carpet of colour, often with different shades on the same plant. Up close, the tiny flowers are almost translucent and the buds, stems and leaf edges covered in fine hairs that make it look as though it is shimmering in the low light. I love it.


Roll on longer days, happy hunting.
S


2 comments:

  1. Hello from Australia - thank you for your wonderful page- Beautiful! Just want to say regarding the tealeaves- alternatively you could sprinkle them onto your plants- both on potted plants and onto your garden- my plants thrive on tealeaves! Warm regards from Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah, thank you so much for commenting and so sorry for not replying sooner! Been a bit of a rubbish year and the blog has taken a back seat - again! I've put tea leaves in the garden but never thought of pot plants - good idea, will give it a go! Happy New Year from UK! best wishes Sandra

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.