Saturday 22 April 2023

Something...March photos

I am loving the longer days and that feeling of everything coming to life again. The garden is growing and beginning to look like the hard work of trying to tame it is going to pay off, the birds are busy building nests and the bees and early butterflies are beginning to appear.

Long walks and beautiful blooms have been my happy places for March so this month's 4 photos are...

Unexpected

Feb

Free

 

Thought provoking

 

Important

 

Exotic

 

Yellow

Jan

Interesting

Mar

Valuable

 

Exciting

 

Old

 

Happy

Feb

Fresh

 

Rough

Jan

Smaller than a mouse

 

Golden

 

Purple

Feb

You love

Feb

Glittery

 

Tasty

 

Orange

 

Shiny

 

Dirty

 

Colourful

Jan

Fluffy

 

Light

 

Green

Mar

Tall

Jan

Alive

 

Black

 

With wheels

 

Smooth

 

Short

 

White

Mar

With hair

 

Special

 

Heavy

 

Soft

 

Pink

 

Wet

 

Noisy

 

That moves

 

Blue

Mar

Tiny

 

Hard

 

Sharp

 

Clean

 

Red

 

To eat

 

Something interesting...

After a very windy night, this was in the flower bed. I'm pretty sure it's an old nest from last year but what fascinates me is the intricacy the birds achieve. It is a complex weave of mud, twigs and grasses and this year the blackbirds have been back and forwards, helpfully clearing moss from the garden, so I assume they have lined their new nests with lovely soft moss. Amazing.


Something blue...

I confess I am never quite sure about hyacinths, the usual 'indoor' varieties always seem as bit top heavy and I find the fragrance overpowering. But every year I am so desperate for some early colour, I end up growing a few then plonking them out in the garden! And actually these less showy versions outside are just beautiful, with their bluebell like two-tone flowers.


Something white...

On a walk in the sunshine, hedgerows are bursting with blossom. I love this time of year.


Something green...

And in the woods, fresh, bright green leaves are almost translucent amongst the branches, bringing the monochrome of the winter woodland back to life.


Interesting that I have unintentionally taken photos that tick the colour boxes this month. I crave colour by the end of the winter and suddenly the natural world is full of colour, sounds and scents, lifting my mood and making me want to be outside. I am so glad to have a garden again. Looking forward to seeing how it fills out this year.

Enjoy every day!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.