Saturday 23 April 2011

lovely things...

This week has been so warm and sunny! More like June than April... which means, I suspect, that it won't last... but lovely while its here.

I have to confess to a little bit of envy of those who have holidays, it is so hard to go into work and miss the day! For the most part, I barely have time to look out of the window! On the plus side, at least the evenings are longer and brighter so there has been time to enjoy it at the end of the day.

I am working most of the Easter weekend but had what felt like a bonus day on Thursday in lieu - time to appreciate a few lovely things...


Zingy tulips in our local town.


Sitting out in the garden having a sneaky bit of crochet time! This border is taking an age! The rows are soooo long. The blanket is about 3ft by 6ft so thats a lot of stitches! Getting there...I think I've got maybe one more row then the edge proper...


Aquilegia in my garden. My mum insists these are weeds as they seed themselves everywhere but I don't mind that at all. I ignore them pretty much and they reward me each year with a garden full of delicately coloured nodding flowers...


What's not to love???


Bluebells replacing the daffodils under the fruit trees.

Lovely son 2 fixing the puncture in my bike tyre so I could go for a spin which I haven't done for ages and really enjoyed. Might not have been quite the exercise I intended as I kept stopping to take photos!


Now I would agree that dandelions, in my garden anyway, are a weed... but in the hedgerows and verges I think they are lovely. Don't you think its amazing that this humble little plant has such a fabulous seed head? How many seeds in one flower do you reckon? No wonder they're everywhere!

Then this morning I arrived at work to find this on my desk...


Which opened to reveal...


How stunning is that?!! Lovely thoughtful friend who happens to know I have a chocolate weakness...

Hope you have had lovely things in your week, have a happy Easter weekend

Sx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.