Saturday 6 January 2024

Little things...

I find something quite fascinating and pleasing about shadows. I always have, not sure why, but remember as a child chasing my shadow along the pavement and being shown how to make shadow puppets on the wall. I think it's a bit like finding pictures in fires or clouds, something slightly abstract about the shapes and transience of the image. 

Today is bitterly cold and I'm not sure I will get outdoors - I can't move fast enough to keep warm at the moment and don't think I can face it on my own - but it is intermittently quite bright and I am enjoying the patterns playing across my wall as the sun moves across the front window. Also beats looking at the dust that shows up in the sunlight!



I'm also enjoying the houseplants, which are so much happier in this house than the last two places I've lived, presumably because the house gets so much more natural light, where before I had north facing windows and constantly needed a light on. Not just the plants that have benefited from that! I had one sickly looking spider plant for about 8 years, which has now spawned multiple offspring and thrived in this house.

I'll take that as a thing to feel positive about.

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.