Sunday 14 January 2024

so much yarn...

In my effort to fill my time by using up all those unused balls of wool and leftover bits and pieces, and with a complete inability to focus on anything for long, I am flitting from one project to another!

Some years ago, I bought some yarn online, thinking it would be chunky yarn for a squishy blanket. 

Only when it arrived, it seems the 'tiny' bit means that its actually not much different to an aran weight and wasn't what I had in mind for a chunky blanket at all. Plus it has a chenille like finish and is 100% polyester and although it is very soft I'm not mad keen on the feel of it. I have tried several times to knit something or crochet something and I have unravelled it each time, so it has sat in my wool store staring at me each time I go to make something!

Then in my pattern scrolling a few days ago, I came across a pattern on you tube called "Very easy to make baby blanket crochet knitting pattern for beginners" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JncCpTYG9y0&list=UULFcEnqXHB3a8A4oMeyW_HyYw&index=76 - it uses a thicker yarn but I figured it was worth playing with and a day later...


I had made a squishy infinity scarf! Which is the first thing I've made with this yarn I haven't wanted to pull out! Only I still had another full ball...


So I made a mitten, which I kind of made up on the fly... and although it looks a slightly odd shape, it fits my hand! Which maybe means my hands are an odd shape! Better on...


Only, rather stupidly, I didn't write down what I was doing, so now I have to try and figure it out to make the other one to match 😂. Good job they are just for me!

The colours are a bit rubbish because the light has been so awful - maybe I'll take a better one outside when I have a pair!

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.