Thursday 4 January 2024

Steps forward, steps back...

Reality check today. Thought I could manage to walk into town and back. I knew I'd be slow and I planned a cafe stop half way but actually 2/3 of the way there, I was struggling - just at the point of no return stage! I made it to the cafe...


...for an overpriced cup of tea but a delicious pastel de nata (which I'd already scoffed by the time I took the photo!) but had to call my son to come and rescue me 😞.

I am trying not to think how far away I am from when walking miles in the Lake District mountains 18 months ago and remember that less than 3 weeks ago I could barely stand. So I guess its progress. But the price of over ambition today was more pain and feeling shattered. So frustrating.

Oh well, smaller goals tomorrow.

S x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.