Monday 16 May 2011

garden in May...

Just realised that I have lost a couple of pages in the Blogger 'outage' (is that a techy term?!!! that's what it seems to be being called!) last week. I had added a couple of pages which I'm sure were published but now seem to have disappeared. Silly blogger - how irritiating; and silly me 'cos, as always, I'm a bit rubbish at backing anything up so hadn't kept copies - darn! Can't decide whether to try to remember what I wrote and redo them, wait and see if they reappear in the next few days or just forget it... hedging on the fingers crossed that it reappears at the moment...

Time for this month's garden photo...



It was a pretty dull day yesterday with just the odd patch of sunshine. This was snapped in one of those, early in the day when the house throws long shadows over the back garden. It dawned on me that this is probably not a great spot to show the changes in the garden - for one thing, from this distance you can't really make out the colour in the flower beds (there is some - honest!) and also the hazel tree in the foreground on the left obliterates everything down the left hand side now its got its leaves! Didn't think of that in January - dur! However, for the sake of continuity I'll carry on for this year - might have to come up with a different vantage point next year with the benefit of hindsight!

I did just take one more sneaky one...


If you move out of the shade of the hazel you can see the paperbark maple on the left of the garden; this tree is alway the last to come into leaf but has the most beautiful bark and lovely autumn colour later in the year.

I have days when I think I'd love to live in the city where there's a bit more of a buzz but then I look at this and realise I'd miss it...

Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.