Wednesday 19 January 2011

signs of spring...

It was very frosty again first thing today but undoubtedly the garden is beginning to come to life. Filling up the bird feeders today, I noticed...


Five snowdrops! I could barely contain myself! This is the garden record!!! And...there are a few more shoots coming! Could we possibly be heading for A Clump of snowdrops this year?!!! Watch this space...

Then...


...a sweet little patch of primroses. A little fragile from the frost but green and a small bright splash in what can only be described as a rather sad looking garden. Makes me want to go and clear dead stuff away and uncover all the new things trying to peep through but I know from past experience that they quite like the protection of last years old growth so I'm going to leave it be for now...

The hazel tree has suddenly grown catkins...


These catch me out every year as they look like last year's dry old remnants for ages then suddenly, when you've just glanced away for a moment, they have started to grow and look bright and fresh and quite improbable. But certainly a hint that spring is on the way.

My final treat for today was a little bunch of fresh flowers...


Lovely. 

And all well with this small corner today.

Sx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love to read your thoughts.